Current research topics and projects
* Current research topics
• Enzymes and their inhibitors, viral proteases and their inhibitors;
• Human mitochondrial genome mutations;
• Molecular characterization of immune response in shrimps;
• Recombinant protein and enzyme;
• Gene mutations in pathogenesis;
• Molecular mechanisms of cancer development and progression;
• Anti-cancer and anti-oxidant properties of phytochemicals;
• Biomaterials and their applications in biomedicine, cosmetics, aquaculture and environment;
• Microorganisms and their applications in environmental pollution control;
• Microalgae and their applications in aquaculture and wastewater treatment;
• Diversity and pharmaceutical potential of cyanobacteria.
* Current research projects
1. Molecular characterization of immune response in black tiger shrimps (Penaeus monodon) to white spot syndrome virus infection. NAFOSTED, Code: 106.02-2018.07. Principal Investigator: Prof. Dr. Phan Tuan Nghia.
2. “Nhiệm vụ xây dựng và nghiên cứu địa chí Quốc gia Việt Nam, Tập Động vật- Thực vật Nhiệm vụ khoa học và công nghệ đặc biệt cấp Quốc Gia”. State projects, Principal Investigator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Huy.
3. Exploring the medical, (eco)-toxicological and socio-economic potential of natural extracts in North Vietnam (2017-2022). ARES-Académie de Recherche et d’Enseignement supérieur. Principal Investigator of subprojects: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Huy and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Đinh Thang.
4. Studying the polymorphisms of HLA antigens in Vietnamese people and creating the kits for identifying the risks of carbamazepine and allopurinol allergies. National-level project belongs to 562-program for Development of Science and Technology, Code ĐTĐL.CN-63/19. Principal Investigator of a subproject: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Đinh Thang.
5. Components and role of proteolytic enzymes in the immune response of black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon), Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code: QG.20.15, Principal Investigator: Dr. Nguyen Thi Hong Loan.
6. Study on diversity and application potential of cyanobacteria from several water bodies in Hanoi. Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code: QG.19.04, Principal Investigator: Dr. Pham Thi Luong Hang.
7. Study of microalgae selection and autotrophic biofilm creation with antibacterial activities against aquatic pathogen, NAFOSTED, Code: 106.02-2019.336. Principal Investigator: Dr. Pham Thi Luong Hang.
8. Developing a new approach for purifying recombinant His-tagged proteins, VNU University of Science, Code: TN.20.07, Principal Investigator: Dr. Le Thi Hong Nhung.
9. Study on the ability of nano-particles containing natural compounds to protect normal cells during radiation therapy. Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code: MS: QG.20.14, Principal Investigator: MSc. Nguyen Thi Le Na.
10. Initial research on bioactivity of the extract of Equisetum diffusum D. Don. VNU University of Science. Principal Investigator: MSc. Nguyen Thi Bich Loan.